A recent survey, AccelOps, Inc., a leader in integrated Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), performance and availability monitoring software, interviewed 176 IT security professionals and found that responsibility for cloud security rests overwhelmingly (78%) with businesses’ internal IT staff. With Cloud security becoming a core job responsibility for a majority of North American IT professionals, many are searching for solutions that can provide the security they are seeking and do so without adding additional time-consuming duties.
Hosted PBX phone service can enhance overall cloud security while lessening the already significant load on IT personnel. Here’s how moving your phone service to the cloud can help.
- Electronic invoice delivery. Invoices are stored in an SSL-secured web portal, and you can also choose to have them delivered via e-mail. This means no more printed bills and conspicuous envelopes left at doors or on desks.
- Similarly, faxes are archived via the portal, and can also be delivered to specified e-mail addresses – in contrast to printed faxes with potentially sensitive data being left on a fax machine.
- Administrators can set web portal access levels on a per-user basis, ensuring that only appropriate personnel can manage powerful high-level functions.
- International calling capabilities are highly adjustable. Administrators can enable or disable international calls on a per-extension basis, and can also set an overall spending limit for international calling in any given month. These safeguards can help prevent potentially costly unauthorized calls to overseas numbers.
- Users with administrator-level access can remotely disable a phone from using the cloud PBX service. For example, if an employee leaves the company and doesn’t return the hardware, his or her phone can be disabled remotely to prevent unauthorized calls.
- Tracking phone usage is easy. Web portals provide managers with up-to-the-minute call records with options to filter by date, staff extension numbers, and call type. Exporting records to spreadsheet format is quick and simple.
- Monitoring calls for quality, compliance or training purposes (such as assisting new staff members during live calls) is a snap with the silent monitoring feature.
- Where greater call transparency is needed, a Hosted PBX provider can record all calls and deliver the recordings to a secure cloud-based storage service.
- Call centers can leverage the power of a Virtual Call Center package, which provides even more robust tracking and accountability metrics.
- Premium cloud PBX providers build their service on a robust back-end network, including Tier 4 datacenters with strictly controlled access, 24/7 monitoring and onsite support staff.
- All individual servers are protected by industry-leading encryption to further enhance security.
About the Author: Adam Simpson is Founder and CEO of Easy Office Phone
Established in 2005, Easy Office Phone provides Business VoIP and Hosted PBX service to companies and organizations of all sizes throughout North America.
License: Creative Commons image source